Bioinformatics: Advanced (ADBIO)
||Duration: 0.9 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Bioinformatics: Advanced
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The advanced bioinformatics course is designed to explain the algorithms, tools, databases, and applications of bioinformatics. In particular, complex applications applied to drug discovery are described.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Bioinformatics: Advanced course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Overview
4. Database Hierarchies
5. Sequence Databases
course I – ALGORITHMS
7. Sequence Processing
8. Sequence Similarity Searching
9. Sequence Alignment
10. Sequence Motifs
11. Sequence Motif Searching
12. Sequence Searching with HMMS
13. Multiple Sequence Alignment
14. Progress Check
course II – TOOLS
23. Progress Check
course III – DATABASES
30. Progress Check
course IV – APPLICATIONS
32. Hierachical Genome Assembly
33. Shotgun Genome Assembly
34. Genome Annotation Features
35. Genome Annotation Tools
36. Expression Analysis I: Informatics
37. Expression Analysis II: EST Clustering
38. Protein Modeling
39. Protein Design
40. Antibody Engineering: Fv Domains
41. Antibody Engineering: Humanization
42. Drug Design I: SARs
43. Drug Design II: Structure-Based
44. Drug Design III: Pharmacophores
45. Progress Check
46. Final Assessment
Demonstrate a solid understanding of:
- Current bioinformatics tools and databases
- Simple and complex applications of bioinformatics in genomics and molecular biology, including the creation of complex, pipelines for processing large volumes of data
- Bioinformatics programming systems and development tools, databases and data structures, and the strengths and weaknesses of different object and data models in bioinformatics
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com