Asthma: Diagnosis (ASTHD)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Asthma: Diagnosis
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. A chronic respiratory disease, asthma restricts airways and impairs breathing. Though the cause of asthma is not completely understood, many risk factors increase the chances of developing the disease. Children with infrequent episodic asthma often overcome the condition and gain normal adult lung function. This course explains how physicians diagnose and classify symptoms based on patient severity and treatment response.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Asthma: Diagnosis course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Patient History
7. Differential Diagnosis
8. Progress Check
PULMONARY FUNCTION TESTS
10. Overview of Tests
11. Forced Vital Capacity
12. Flow-Volume Curve
14. Peak Expiratory Flow
15. Reversibility and Provocation Tests
16. Progress Check
OTHER DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
18. Chest X-ray and Allergen Tests
19. Arterial Blood Gas Analysis
20. Progress Check
22. Untreated Patients
23. Patients Undergoing Treatment
24. Treatment-Symptom Scheme
25. Progress Check
Explain how patient history impacts asthma diagnosis.
Describe how physicians interpret physical examination to gauge exacerbation.
Explain why diagnosing pediatric asthma can be so difficult.
Describe the pulmonary function and other clinical tests used in asthma diagnosis.
Explain the difficulties in pediatric asthma diagnosis.
Explain why a chest X-ray, while normal in many asthmatic patients, can help asthma diagnosis.
Explain the role of arterial blood gas analysis.
Describes allergen testing`s role in asthma diagnosis.
Explain the differences between the four asthma severity levels.
Explain how a patient`s symptoms and treatment response factor into severity assessment.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com