Asthma: Treatment (ASTHT)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Asthma: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. A chronic respiratory disease, asthma restricts airways and impairs breathing. Though the cause of asthma is not completely understood, many risk factors increase the chances of developing the disease. Children with infrequent episodic asthma often overcome the condition and gain normal adult lung function. This course will explain the prognosis, treatment options, and classification of pediatric and late onset asthma.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Asthma: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Pediatric Asthma
6. Adult Asthma
7. Progress Check
DRUG DELIVERY ADN PHARMACOKINETICS
9. Route of Administration
13. BAIs and DPIs
15. Progress Check
17. Asthma Management
18. Types of Medications
20. Long-Acting Beta-2 Agonists
21. Other Controller Medications
22. Reliever Medications
23. Progress Check
STEPWISE TREATMENT PLAN PLANS
25. General Features
26. Case Study 1
27. Case Study 2
28. Infants and Children
29. Progress Check
Explain the natural history of asthma in patients of various age groups.
Describe pediatric asthma`s symptoms and long-term prognosis.
Describe the prognosis for those patients with occupational asthma.
Describe common asthma medication administration routes and their pharmacokinetics.
Explain the inhalation delivery devices and their efficacy and safety concerns.
Explain asthma therapy goals and management strategies.
Distinguish between controller and reliever medications.
Describes the actions, advantages, and disadvantages of different pharmacological agents.
List the four asthma severity steps.
Explain how physicians adjust treatment in the stepwise approach to maintain asthma control.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com