Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Treatment (COPDT)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is characterized by progressive airflow limitation that cannot be fully reversed, as well as abnormal inflammation due to chronic inhalation of particles or noxious gas. Symptoms rarely manifest in patients younger than age 40, though after onset, respiratory function declines precipitously over several years. This course will review COPD prognosis, staging, and available treatments.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Prognosis and Staging
6. Progress Check
8. Bronchodilators: Beta-2 Agonists
9. Bronchodilators: Anticholinergics
10. Bronchodilators: Theophylline
12. Other Pharmacologic Agents
13. Oxygen Therapy
14. Progress Check
16. Prevention and Rehabilitation
18. Progress Check
Describe the three stages typical of COPD.
Discuss end-stage mortality rates.
Contrast emphysema, chronic bronchitis, and COPD.
Describe the three-bronchodilator types and explain their mechanisms of action.
Describe the role of steroids, mucoactive agents, and antibiotics in COPD treatment.
Explain the role of oxygen therapies in the COPD treatment.
Explain how adjunctive therapy like nutrition and physical rehabilitation can impact COPD.
Describe the symptoms that indicate surgery, and name the types of COPD surgeries.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com