Dementia: Treatment (DEMET)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Dementia: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Dementia is a progressive cognitive impairment that interferes with a person`s quality of life. This cognitive disturbance often causes significant social or occupational difficulties. There are many types of dementia, the most common form is Alzheimer`s disease. This course discusses treatment options for patients with various forms of dementia, including AD.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Dementia: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Alzheimer`s Disease and Life Expectancy
6. Alzheimer`s Disease and Disability
7. Neurodegenerative Diseases
8. Progress Check
10. Cholinesterase Inhibitors
11. Decreasing Amyloid
12. Other Approaches
13. Progress Check
15. Psychological/Psychiatric Treatment
16. Antipsychotic Agents
18. Progress Check
20. Wandering Behavior
21. Social Support
22. Progress Check
Compare the prognoses for different types of dementias, including AD.
Discuss how life expectancy differs for patients with AD compared to those undergoing normal aging.
Discuss why cholinesterase inhibitors are used to treat AD. Explain their mechanism of action.
Describe the advantages and disadvantages of other AD treatments.
Explain the role of a psychologist in the treatment of dementia.
Discuss why antipsychotic agents may be used in treating dementia.
Name the antidepressants commonly used in treating dementia.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com