Dyslipidemia: Treatment (DYSLT)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Dyslipidemia: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Dyslipidemia is a disorder of the amount of lipids in the blood, and is a primary risk factor for the development of atherosclerosis and subsequent cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, understanding and treating dyslipidemia is a key step in preventing life-threatening events such as stroke and myocardial infarction. This course introduces the various therapies used to treat dyslipidemia and to prevent atherosclerosis.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Dyslipidemia: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Initiation of Plaque Formation
6. Plaque Development
7. Ischemia, Stenosis and Aneurysm
8. Sites of Atherosclerosis
9. Progress Check
11. Non-pharmacologic Therapy
12. Bile Acid Sequestrants
13. Fibrates and Nicotinic Acid
14. The Statins: Direct Mechanisms
15. The Statins: Indirect Mechanisms
16. Progress Check
Describe the characteristics of atherosclerosis.
Outline the stages of atherosclerotic development.
Explain the risks that may result from plaque formation within arteries.
Describe the main clinical manifestations of atherosclerosis: coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, and peripheral arterial disease.
Discuss the non-pharmacologic therapies for dyslipidemia.
Describe the different classes of lipid-lowering drugs, including their mechanisms of action, indications for use, efficacy, and adverse effects.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com