||Duration: 0.9 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Genomics
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. This course provides an introduction to the field of genomics. It covers the structure of the human genome, and the strategies that were used to map and sequence the genome, and details how genomic sequence information is utilized for pharmacogenomics, drug discovery and diagnostics. The course also introduces post-genomics technologies such as bioinformatics, functional genomics and proteomics.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Genomics course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Chromosomal Structure
6. DNA Structure
7. DNA Polymorphisms
8. Progress Check
SEQUENCING THE GENOME
9. HGI Administration and Goals
10. Sequencing the Human Genome
11. Positional Cloning
12. Expression-Based Sequencing
13. DNA Sequencing
14. Human Genome Analysis
15. Progress Check
17. Genomic Successes
18. Applications of HGI
20. Applications of Genomics
22. Drug Targets
23. Progress Check
THE POST-GENOMIC ERA
25. Functional Genomics
26. Ethical, Legal, Social Issues
27. Progress Check
Describe the structure of DNA
Explain the composition and structure of the human genome
Give examples of the variations or polymorphisms that occur through out the human genome
Describe the two strategies used to map and sequence the human genome
Understand the concept of DNA markers and how they can be used to map disease genes
Explain how DNA sequencing is performed
Explain how DNA microarrays can be used for sequencing
List the four ways in which genomics information is used to generate new therapeutic agents
Explain how genomics information is used to generate new anti-microbials and new diagnostic assays
Understand the concept of Pharmacogenomics
Specify how genomics information is used in the area of drug development
Specify the different methods for collating and analyzing the mass of information resulting from the human genome sequence
Describe how the function of novel genes is determined
Explain the proteomics approach that will map and characterize all of the proteins encoded by the genome
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com