Glaucoma: Treatment (GLAUT)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Glaucoma: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Glaucoma affects about 70 million people worldwide, over 6.7 million of whom are bilaterally blind. By the year 2020, glaucoma is projected to affect 3.4 million people in the United States. Treatment in the United States is costly, and the financial burden will grow heavier as the population ages and glaucoma becomes more common. This course discusses the complications associated with glaucoma, the pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatments used to prevent glaucomas, and the surgical options available for glaucomas and their complications.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Glaucoma: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Acute Angle Closure
6. Open Angle Glaucoma
7. Other Glaucomas
8. Complications of Glaucoma
9. Progress Check
11. Early Detection
12. Compliance and Follow-Up
13. Progress Check
15. Prostaglandin Analogs
16. Beta Blockers (Beta-Adrenergic Antagonists)
17. Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors
18. Alpha Agonists (Selective)
19. Adrenergic Agonists (Nonselective)
20. Parasympathomimetic (Miotic) Agents
21. Hyperosmotic Agents
22. Combination Agents
23. Laser Iridotomy
24. Argon Laser Trabeculoplasty (ALT)
25. Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT)
27. Aqueous Shunt Devices
28. Experimental/Future Possibilities
29. Progress Check
Describe the most common complications associated with the different glaucomas
Describe the prognosis of the different glaucomas
Describe the complications of acute angle closure
Discuss the glaucomas associated with systemic diseases
Recognize high risk populations for early glaucoma screening
Describe techniques used to prevent progression
List the different categories of ocular hypotensive agents
Discuss the laser treatments for different glaucomas
List medical therapies and eyedrops used in glaucoma
Describe the management of acute angle closure
Describe the management of inflammatory glaucomas
Describe surgical interventions, indications, and complications
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com