HIV and AIDS: Treatment (HIVAT)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: HIV and AIDS: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV, is the virus that causes Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). HIV is a retrovirus, and is composed of a central core made of proteins and RNA, surrounded by an ‘envelope’ or membrane made of other proteins and fatty acids. This course presents basic scientific and medical background information about disease progression and treatment options, including prognosis, pharmacological therapies and emerging therapies.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The HIV and AIDS: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
6. Disease Progression in Children
7. Host-Disease Interactions
8. Progress Check
10. NRTI and NtRTI
12. Protease Inhibitors
13. Entry/Fusion Inhibitors
14. Progress Check
16. Gene Therapy
18. Biological Agents
19. Nuclear Translocation Inhibitors
20. Integrase Inhibitors and Zinc Fingers
22. Progress Check
24. Drug Therapy Outcomes
25. Initiating Therapy
26. Combination Therapies
27. Factors Affecting Outcome
28. Effects of Drug Therapy
30. Drug Interactions
31. Concomitant Diseases
32. Adverse Events
33. Therapeutic Approach
34. Patient Adherence
35. Progress Check
List the factors that lead to a poor prognosis.
Explain how host polymorphisms delay or speed the development of HIV.
Describe the mechanism of action for NRTIs, NNRTIs, PIs, and fusion inhibitors.
Describe the emerging treatment options in HIV therapy.
Identify potential uses of each treatment.
List the components of common drug regimens.
Explain the considerations that apply to concomitant medications.
List common adverse events.
Describe how treatment regimens can be affected by patient adherence.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com