Human Gene Therapy (HUGET)
||Duration: 0.9 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Human Gene Therapy
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. This course gives an overview of the field of human gene therapy. It covers the fundamentals of using gene delivery for treating human diseases, and details the viral vectors that are used for gene delivery, including their generation and use, the non-viral approaches that can be used to deliver therapeutic genes, and the methods that are used for controlling therapeutic gene expression.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Human Gene Therapy course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
6. Delivery of Therapeutic Genes
7. Gene Therapy Targets
8. Delivery Modes
9. Steps in Gene Therapy
10. Gene Therapy Viral Vectors
11. Gene Therapy Non-Viral Vectors
12. Progress Check
14. Retroviral Life Cycle
15. Retroviral Genome Structure
16. Recombinant Retrovirus
17. Application of Retroviral Vectors
19. Application of Adenoviral Therapy
20. Adeno-Associated Virus
21. Comparison of Viral Vectors
22. Progress Check
25. Polycation Conjugates
26. Progress Check
28. Therapeutic Gene Regulation
29. Control of Therapeutic Gene Expression
30. Progress Check
Understand the concept of gene delivery for therapeutic purposes
Specify the three disease groups that are targeted using gene therapy
List the two different modes of delivery
Describe the four steps of gene therapy
List the viral and non-viral vectors used for gene therapy
List the three viruses that are predominantly used for gene therapy
Describe how recombinant viruses are generated for therapeutic use
Explain how these viruses are used in a therapeutic setting
List the advantages and disadvantages of the different viral vector systems
Explain how liposomes are formed and how they are used for gene therapy
Describe how liposomes can be made cell-specific
Comprehend the importance of gene regulation in therapy
Give two examples of methods by which expression of the therapeutic gene is controlled
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com