Immunity and Disease (IMMDI)
||Duration: 0.9 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Immunity and Disease
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. This course describes the role of the immune system in human disease. It covers the structure and function of the immune system, and details how the immune system can be up-regulated for vaccination against infectious agents, and down-regulated to treat autoimmune diseases. The generation of monoclonal antibodies and their therapeutic use is also described.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Immunity and Disease course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Immunity and Disease
6. Immune Response
9. Progress Check
12. Vaccine Examples
14. Progress Check
14. Autoimmune Diseases
16. MHC-Blocking Peptides
17. Other Immune Targets
18. Progress Check
20. Monoclonal Antibodies
21. Human Antibodies
22. Antibody Therapeutics
23. Progress Check
List the cells and proteins involved in eliciting an immune response
Specify the four disease groups that have an immune component involved in their pathology
Understand the different mechanisms by which the immune response responds to and eradicates infectious agents from the body
Explain how the immune system can be manipulated
Define the different ways in which the immune system can be activated or upregulated
Understand the history of vaccine development
Explain why polymorphic viruses like influenza provide a special challenge to vaccine development
List the target organs of many autoimmune diseases
Describe the concept of tolerance
Understand how MHC molecules can be blocked using peptides
Give several examples of proteins that are targets for immune modulation
Describe how monoclonal antibodies are generated
Explain how mouse antibodies can be ‘humanized’ for use as therapeutics
Give two examples of how monoclonal antibodies are used as therapeutic agent
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com