Introduction to Biopharma: Applications (INBIA)
||Duration: 0.9 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Introduction to Biopharma: Applications
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. This course describes computer-assisted drug design, introduces protein-based therapeutic agents, and describes the type of approaches used to treat immune-related diseases. This course describes the use of computer-based methods for designing new drugs and optimizing drug libraries and leads, introduces the design and use of protein based therapeutic agents, and introduces the immune system and immune related diseases.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Introduction to Biopharma: Applications course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
COMPUTER-ASSISTED DRUG DESIGN (CADD)
5. CADD Overview
6. Drug Pharmacophores
7. Library Design
8. Lead Optimization
9. Progress Check
11. Protein Design
12. Protein Engineering
13. Antibody Structure
14. Therapeutic Peptides
15. Monoclonal Antibodies
16. Antibody Engineering
17. Antibody Therapeutics
18. Progress Check
IMMUNITY AND DISEASE
20. Immunity and Disease
21. Immune Response
23. Vaccine Examples
25. Applications-Autoimmune Disease
26. Progress Check
Define a drug pharmacophore and describe its key features.
List three of the parameters involved in designing combinatorial libraries.
Define which two parameters in drug optimization can be improved by design.
Give two examples of drugs that have been synthesized by solid-phase combinatorial synthesis.
Specify three major applications of protein design.
Define what site-directed mutagenesis is and how it is utilized.
Describe how peptidomimetics are designed.
Explain how monoclonal antibodies are generated.
Specify which parts of an antibody molecule are modified to humanize it.
List three ways in which antibodies are utilized for therapeutic purposes.
Specify the four disease groups that have an immune component involved in their pathology.
List the cells and proteins involved in eliciting an immune response.
Understand the different mechanisms by which the immune response responds to and eradicates infectious agents from the body.
List four approaches for generating vaccines.
Explain how the immune system can be manipulated to treat autoimmune diseases.
List five common autoimmune diseases.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com