Introduction to Biopharma: Methods (INBIM)
||Duration: 0.9 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Introduction to Biopharma: Methods
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. This course introduces genomics and combinatorial chemistry. This course introduces the human genome and the concepts of proteomics and bioinformatics, covers the different ways in which genomic-derived information may be used, and explains how genomics will influence new drug discovery.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Introduction to Biopharma: Methods course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Chromosomal Structure
6. DNA Structure
8. Progress Check
10. Applications of the HGI
12. Gene Therapy Targets
14. Progress Check
GENOMICS-BASED DRUG DISCOVERY
16. Drug Targets
17. Medicinal Chemistry
18. Combinatorial Chemistry
19. High-Throughput Screening
20. Progress Check
Specify the structure of human chromatin at five different levels of resolution.
Describe the structure of DNA.
Define what a SNP is.
Explain the fundamental principle of pharmacogenomics.
List four ways in which genomics information is used to generate new therapeutic agents.
Explain the types of information that proteomics will generate.
List three gene therapy approaches that utilize novel genes to target diseases.
Understand the concept of bioinformatics.
List four different types of cellular drug targets.
Define the two technologies that allow the creation of large combinatorial libraries.
Specify two of the features of an assay that make it amenable to high-throughput screening.
Understand how the combination of high throughput screening and combinatorial chemistry has accelerated drug discovery.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com