Anatomy and Physiology: Muscle Structure and Function (MSAPF)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Anatomy and Physiology: Muscle Structure and Function
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Consisting of muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and their associated nerves, the musculoskeletal system creates the individual`s structural and physical integrity and the framework for movement, while protecting vital organs. This course introduces muscle physiology and nervous control.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Anatomy and Physiology: Muscle Structure and Function course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Skeletal Muscle
6. Contractile Proteins
7. Smooth and Cardiac Muscle
8. Progress Check
10. Sliding Filaments
11. The Action Potential
12. Progress Check
14. The Motor Unit
15. The All-or-None Law
16. The Neuromuscular Junction
17. Progress Check
Describe the gross anatomy and histology of different muscle types.
Give examples of each muscle type.
List the different contractile proteins and their role in muscle function.
Describe the sliding filament theory of muscle contraction.
Explain the biochemical reactions that generate muscle contraction.
Explain the components of action potential.
Name and describe motor unit examples.
Describe the components of a single muscle twitch.
Explain the sequence of events at the neuromuscular junction during contraction initiation.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com