Prostate Cancer: Treatment (PRCAT)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Prostate Cancer: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. In the U.S., prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed and the second most common cause of cancer death in men. The incidence of prostate cancer is increasing at an average rate of 3% a year. This course explains the different factors involved in determination of a prognosis and the various treatment options for prostate cancer.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Prostate Cancer: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Histological Grading
7. Pathological Indicators
8. Molecular and Cellular Markers
9. Progress Check
11. Quality of Life
12. Watchful Waiting
15. Prostate Brachytherapy
17. LHRH Analogs
19. Androgen Blockade
20. Progress Check
21. Early Stage (Localized)
22. Locally Advanced Disease
23. Advanced Disease
24. Hormone-Refractory Disease
Correlate Gleason grade and PSA level with prognosis.
Understand how imaging techniques contribute to determination of prognosis.
List pathological indicators of prognosis.
Be familiar with molecular and cellular prognostic markers.
List factors involved in making quality of life treatment decisions.
Explain when and where surgery should be used.
Describe the use of radiotherapy as both a palliative and curative tool.
List the types of chemical agents used in chemotherapy.
Explore diagnostic options given a particular case history.
List available treatment options for localized prostate cancer.
Explain why continual monitoring of the patient is necessary.
Explain when hormonal therapy may be used in locally advanced non-metastastic disease.
List what factors should be considered when anti-androgens are used.
Explore the appropriate diagnostic investigations for advanced prostate cancer.
Explain how anti-androgens are thought to work.
List advantages of anti-androgens over LHRH analogs.
List common near-terminal events accompanying prostate cancer.
Describe the purpose of treatment in advanced disease.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com