Small Cell Lung Cancer: Treatment (SCLCT)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Small Cell Lung Cancer: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Lung cancer can be classified as either small cell lung cancer (SCLC) or non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), based on the characteristics of the disease and its response to treatment. This course presents basic information about classification and staging, prognosis, and treatment options for small cell lung cancer.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Small Cell Lung Cancer: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
6. Progress Check
8. Quality of Life Management
12. Progress Check
13. Limited Stage SCLC
14. Extensive Stage SCLC
Explain how the TNM scale is used in grading lung cancers.
Assign a stage to a particular TNM rating.
Describe performance ratings and explain how they are used in treatment.
List factors involved in making quality of life treatment decisions.
Explain when and where surgery should be used.
Describe the use of radiotherapy as both a palliative and curative tool.
List the types of chemical agents used in chemotherapy.
Explore the appropriate diagnostic investigations for SCLC.
Explain why staging investigations are done prior to chemotherapy.
Explain the role of cranial irradiation in SCLC.
List statistics justifying close follow-up regimens.
Explore diagnostic options given a particular case history.
Explain why a superior vena cava obstruction is of concern in lung cancer.
List what factors should be considered when chemotherapy is the treatment of choice.
Describe the purpose of palliative radiotherapy.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com