SNPs: Identification and Uses (SNPIU)
||Duration: 0.9 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: SNPs: Identification and Uses
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The SNPs course covers the methods used to identify and detect SNPs, and the uses of SNPs as markers for disease association and other genome-wide screening approaches.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The SNPs: Identification and Uses course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
6. Describing Variation
7. Types of Polymorphism
8. Marker Heterozygosity
9. Progress Check
11. Origin of SNPs
12. Classes of SNPs
13. Progress Check
15. Overview of Approaches
16. Targeted SNP Discovery
17. Random SNP Discovery
18. Progress Check
23. Progress Check
26. Measuring Variation
27. Regional Rates
28. Power of Detection
29. Progress Check
29. Whole Genome LD
30. Candidate Gene Association Studies
31. Progress Check
33. Technology Requirements
35. Progress Check
List the three common types of polymorphisms
Define what a SNP is and how it originates
Describe the three types of methods used to identify and detect SNPs
Specify the resources that are available for SNP analyses
Calculate the normalized rates of SNP occurrence
List two examples of SNP genotyping methods
Define the requirements of genotyping assays
Explain the use of SNPs as genetic markers
Describe the use of SNPs for association studies.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com