Upper GI Cancer: Treatment (UPGIT)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Upper GI Cancer: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. This course discusses the treatment of the most common types of upper GI (gastrointestinal) cancers.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Upper GI Cancer: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Surgery and Radiation Therapy
6. Chemotherapeutic Agents
7. Combination Therapy
8. Treatment by Stage
9. Progress Check
10. Esophageal Cancer
11. Gastric Cancer
After you finish this section, you should be able to:
Describe surgical approaches for upper GI cancers.
Describe palliative treatments for advanced esophageal cancers.
List the common chemotherapeutic drugs used to treat upper GI cancers.
List the components of some common combination chemotherapy regimens.
List potential targeted therapies for upper GI cancers.
Relate the cancer treatment to the stage of disease.
Evaluate the significance of the patient??????????????????s medical history.
List the diagnostic tests used to confirm suspected esophageal cancer.
Explain why palliative treatment is the treatment of choice for advanced esophageal cancer.
Explore the diagnostic options for a particular case history.
List the signs and symptoms of gastric cancer.
Describe the multi-faceted treatments recommended for early stage gastric cancer.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com