Valvular Disease: Treatment (VALDT)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Valvular Disease: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The heart has four valves that ensure that blood flows in the correct direction. A defective valve can either fail to close completely and leak (regurgitation), or cannot open completely so that blood pumps through a smaller opening (stenosis). All valves can be affected. This course presents basic medical background information about evaluating the prognosis of valvular disease and outlines treatment options.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Valvular Disease: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
PROGNOSIS AND NON-PHARMACOLOGICAL TREATMEMT
6. Controlling the Risk Factors
7. Surgical Treatment
8. Progress Check
10. Pharmaceutical Agent Overview
11. Beta Blocker Overview
12. Physiologic Effects of Beta Blockers
13. Beta Blockers: Mechanism of Action
14. Beta Blockers: Pharmacokinetics
15. Beta Blocker Safety Profile and Dosage
16. The Coagulation Cascade
17. Anticoagulant Therapies
18. Calcium Channel Blocker Overview
19. Calcium Channel Blocker Indications and Dosage
20. Cardiac Glycoside Mechanism
21. Physiologic Effects of Cardiac Glycosides
22. Diuretics Effects on Kidney Function
23. Physiologic Effects of Diuretics
24. Diuretic Indications
25. Diuretic Safety and Dosage
26. Progress Check
List the factors involved in evaluating a patient`s prognosis.
Discuss treatment options for a malfunctioning valve.
Describe the coagulant cascade and the types of anticoagulants.
Detail the mechanism and profile of various beta blockers.
Explain how calcium channel blockers (CCBs) work, and detail their uses.
Explore the mechanism of action of cardiac glycosides.
Describe the use of diuretics.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com