Antibiotic Therapy: Mechanism and PKPD (ANTMP)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Antibiotic Therapy: Mechanism and PKPD
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Antibiotics are chemical substances that kill or interfere with the growth of bacteria. Antibiotics can be naturally occurring or synthetic. They are the most widely used drugs to treat or prevent infections, many of which were life threatening prior to the existence of antibiotics. This course explains how antibiotics work (mechanisms) and also discusses pharmacokinetics.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Antibiotic Therapy: Mechanism and PKPD course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
HOW ANTIBIOTICS WORK
5. Antibiotics: History
6. Therapeutic Index
7. Types of Antibiotic Action
8. Disruption of Cell Wall Synthesis
9. Interference with the Plasma Membrane
10. Interference with Protein Synthesis
11. Interference with Nucleic Acid Synthesis
12. Interference with Vital Metabolic Processes
13. Progress Check
PHARMACOKINETICS OF ANTIBIOTICS I
16. Bioavailability: Extent of Absorption
17. Bioavailability: Rate of Absorption
18. Factors Affecting Absorption
19. Measuring Bioavailability
PHARMACOKINETICS OF ANTIBIOTICS II
21. Metabolism Overview
22. Hepatic Metabolism
23. Route of Elimination
24. Clearance and Half-life
25. Progress Check
Explain the mechanism of action of antibiotic classes.
Explain the difference between bacteriostatic and bactericidal antibiotic activity.
List the properties that affect the efficacy of an antibiotic.
List the four steps referred to as ADME.
Understand the concept of half-life and drug clearance.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com