Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Bipolar Disorder: Diagnosis
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. An incurable mental illness, bipolar disorder (previously called manic-depression) produces episodes of major depression alternating with episodes of mania in its sufferers. Patients experience alterations in mood, behavior, and cognition. Moreover, other aspects of brain functioning such as sensory perception, appetite, or sleep-wake cycle regulation are altered. This course reviews how bipolar disorder can be diagnosed.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Bipolar Disorder: Diagnosis course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Mania and Hypomania
7. Rapid Cycling and Mixed Episodes
8. Progress Check
10. Bipolar I and II Disorders
11. Mania Due to a Medical Condition
13. Bipolar Disorder NOS
14. Progress Check
PSYCHIATRIC RATING SCALES
16. Survey of Rating Scales
17. Progress Check
Describe the clinical manifestations of bipolar disorder.
Differentiate the qualitative features of bipolar mania and depression.
Understand the features of cyclothymia.
Differentiate between bipolar I and bipolar II disorders.
Describe the bipolar disorders 'not otherwise specified' (NOS).
Review the medical or physiological conditions that can lead to a secondary manic state.
List the benefits and weaknesses of each rating scale.
Understand the features of the common psychiatric rating scales used for assessing bipolar disorder.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.