Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Diabetic Retinopathy: Cause
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Diabetes mellitus damages both large and small blood vessels throughout the body. Within the eye, this vascular damage may lead to diabetic retinopathy: the loss of retinal function and subsequent vision loss. This course describes the structures of the eye, how the eye is affected by diabetes-associated hyperglycemia, and the prevalence of retinopathy among diabetic patients.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Diabetic Retinopathy: Cause course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Anatomy of the Eye
6. Progress Check
8. Pathophysiology of Diabetes
9. Vision Loss in Diabetic Retinopathy
10. Anatomic Changes in Early Retinopathy
11. Progress Check
13. Epidemiology of Diabetic Retinopathy
14. Risk Factors for Onset and Progression
15. Progress Check
Describe the major structures of the eye
Describe three types of diabetes
Explain the physiological basis of diabetes and its manifestations
List three diabetes-related complications of the eye
Describe the anatomical changes that occur during diabetic retinopathy
Discuss the prevalence of diabetes and diabetic retinopathy
List several risk factors for developing diabetic retinopathy and other complications
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.