Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Central Nervous System: Neuroanatomy
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The nervous system controls, organizes, and communicates with the various tissues that make up an organism. It is the primary command center of the body. Every perception, be it taste, touch, smell, or sight, is mediated through the nervous system, and every action begins with nervous system activation. The various components of the nervous system integrate sensory information gathered from the body and relay it to the brain, which ultimately determines the appropriate response. This course describes the anatomy and physiology of the nervous system and presents the different imaging techniques currently in use to study nervous system physiology and disease.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Central Nervous System: Neuroanatomy course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM
5. Overview of Cerebral Hemispheres
6. The Cerebral Cortex
7. Cerebral White Matter
9. Brain Stem
11. Limbic System
12. Reticular Formation
13. Spinal Cord
14. Progress Check
PROTECT AND CIRCULATION
17. Ventricles & CSF
19. Progress Check
PERIPHERALS NERVOUS SYSTEM
21. Peripheral Nervous System: Overview
22. Autonomic Nervous System
23. Structural Components
24. Motor Systems
25. Progress Check
27. Imaging Brain Anatomy
28. Imaging Brain Physiology
29. Progress Check
Name and describe the anatomy of the cerebral hemispheres and their subdivisions.
Name the divisions of the diencephalon.
Identify the important structures of the brain stem including the major nuclei.
Describe the anatomy, including the major inputs and outputs, of the cerebellum.
Describe the function of the limbic system and reticular formation.
Identify the important structures within the spinal cord and the composition of its gray and white matter.
Describe the anatomy and function of the meninges.
Identify the four ventricles.
List the major blood vessels of the brain.
Identify the components of the peripheral nervous system and their basic functions.
Describe the differences between the peripheral somatic (PNS) and autonomic (ANS) division.
Classify and describe the different imaging techniques currently available.
Differentiate between structural and functional imaging techniques.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.