Dyslipidemia: Cause (DYSLC)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Dyslipidemia: Cause
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Dyslipidemia is a disorder of the amount of lipids in the blood, and is a primary risk factor for the development of atherosclerosis and subsequent cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, understanding and treating dyslipidemia is a key step in preventing life-threatening events such as stroke and myocardial infarction. This course introduces the types of lipids and their metabolic pathways, which play an important role in cardiovascular disease.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Dyslipidemia: Cause course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Simple Lipids
6. Complex Lipids
8. Cholesterol Biosynthesis
9. Exogenous Pathway
10. Endogenous Pathway
11. Reverse Cholesterol Transport
12. Description of Dyslipidemias
13. Progress Check
15. Age of Onset
16. Cardiovascular Disease Types
17. Prevalence and Mortality
19. Risk Factors
20. Human Studies and Trials
21. Progress Check
Understand the different types of lipids, lipoproteins, apolipoproteins and triglycerides, and how they contribute to cardiovascular disease.
Describe key features of cholesterol biosynthesis. Identify the six types of lipoproteins.
Describe the roles of the different lipoprotein types in lipid transport.
Describe the important pathways in lipid and lipoprotein metabolism.
Define dyslipidemia and describe how dyslipidemias are commonly classified.
Describe known links between lipoproteins and atherosclerosis.
Describe ways in which LDL reduction and HDL increase may produce clinical benefits.
Identify the key findings of trials that have examined the correlation between lipid levels and CHD.
Identify important findings from both primary and secondary prevention trials with lipid-lowering drugs.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com