Prostate Cancer: Diagnosis (PRCAD)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Prostate Cancer: Diagnosis
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. In the U.S., prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed and the second most common cause of cancer death in men. The incidence of prostate cancer is increasing at an average rate of 3% a year. This course discusses the symptoms and staging of prostate cancer and the methods used for diagnosis.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Prostate Cancer: Diagnosis course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
6. Diagnostic Methods
9. Progress Check
10. Early Stage (Localized)
11. Locally Advanced Disease
12. Advanced Disease
13. Hormone-Refractory Disease
Describe the symptoms of locally advanced and metastatic prostate cancer.
Explain the physical and imaging exams used to detect prostate cancer.
Discuss the use of the TNM staging and Gleason grading systems for classification of the severity of prostate cancer.
Explain how and why screening programs are used.
Explore diagnostic options given a particular case history.
Review the early signs and symptoms of prostate cancer.
Review the genetic factors that influence the risk of developing prostate cancer.
Recall the symptoms of locally advanced prostate cancer.
Explore the appropriate diagnostic techniques for advanced prostate cancer.
Review the importance of DRE in making a diagnosis.
Recall the implication of circulating PSA levels.
List common near-terminal events accompanying prostate cancer.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com