Sepsis: Cause and Identification (SEPCI)
||Duration: 0.6 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Sepsis: Cause and Identification
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Sepsis can be defined as a systemic inflammatory response to infection that results in large-scale tissue destruction at sites far away from the original injury site. Sepsis results in significant morbidity and mortality in hospitalized patients. This course reviews the causes of sepsis and how it is diagnosed.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Sepsis: Cause and Identification course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
6. Host Factors
7. Mechanisms: Introduction
8. Inflammatory Response in Sepsis
9. Inflammation and Coagulation
11. Mechanisms: Summary
12. Progress Check
14. Incidence and Prevalence of Sepsis
15. Progress Check
17. Clinical Diagnosis of Sepsis
18. Progress Check
List two potential triggers of sepsis.
Describe the host factors that impact sepsis.
Explain the steps of the inflammatory response during infection.
Describe the role of the coagulation system in sepsis.
List the incidence and prevalence of sepsis.
Define the mortality rates associated with sepsis.
List three common symptoms and signs of sepsis.
Explain the role of the modified Bone criteria.
Understand how patients are followed clinically after diagnosis.
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com