Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Antibiotic Therapy: Resistance and Use
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Antibiotics are chemical substances that kill or interfere with the growth of bacteria. Antibiotics can be naturally occurring or synthetic. They are the most widely used drugs to treat or prevent infections, many of which were life threatening prior to the existence of antibiotics. This course discusses the use of antibiotics and the development of resistant bacterial strains.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Antibiotic Therapy: Resistance and Use course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Intrinsic and Acquired Resistance
7. Acquisition of Plasmids
8. Mechanisms of Resistance
9. Resistance to Penicillin
10. Resistance to Other Drug Classes
11. Progress Check
Host Factors In Antibiotic Selection
13. Immune System Status
14. Drug Action and Infection Site Factors
16. Pregnancy and Lactation
17. Renal and Hepatic Function
18. Other Host Factors
19. Progress Check
21. Disk Diffusion Testing
22. Minimal Inhibitory Concentration (MIC)
23. Minimal Bactericidal Concentration (MBC)
24. PK/PD and MIC
25. PK/PD Effects on Efficacy
26. Combination Therapy Activity and Spectrum
27. Combination Therapy Effects and Agents
28. Drug Interactions
29. Progress Check
Prophylaxis and ICU Care
31. General Principles of Antibiotic Prophylaxis
32. Targeted Prophylaxis
33. Prophylaxis Against Secondary Infections
34. Prophylaxis in Surgical Procedures
35. Infection in the ICU
36. Antibiotics in Critical Care
37. Progress Check
Describe intrinsic causes of bacterial resistance.
Explain how bacteria acquire resistance.
List three mechanisms of bacterial resistance.
Describe the effect of a patient`s immune system on antibiotic selection.
List the two infection site factors involved in selecting an antibiotic.
Explain how age and genetic factors influence antibiotic choice.
Explain renal and hepatic function and its involvement in selecting an antibiotic.
List other host factors that are used to choose an antibiotic.
List three common tests for assessing bacterial sensitivity.
Explain how PK/PD parameters are used to determine drug dosage.
Describe three common antibiotic combinations and the rationale for their use.
Describe common antibiotic-drug interactions.
List two prophylactic uses of antibiotics.
Describe factors in selecting antibiotics for prophylaxis.
List three common ICU infections.
Describe the factors used to select antibiotics for intensive care units.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.