Method of Training: Online / Self-paced eLearning.Credits: 1.5 CPD Credits.
Duration: ~90 minutes.
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Electronic Records.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $225.00
Document a dedication to your career and job performance by earning a training certification from Biopharma Institute.Training Program: Compliance with Regulation 21 CFR Part 11 on Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures
Training Provided By: Biopharma Institute
Schedule: Self-paced. Immediate access to training materials upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
Part 11 of Title 21 of the US Code of Federal Regulations (21CFR11) sets out requirements that computer systems must meet to satisfy the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and to assure that electronic records and electronic signatures provided by those systems are trustworthy and reliable to the same extent as paper counterparts. The regulation sets out controls and procedures which need to be established and followed for relevant computer systems in FDA-regulated environments. An FDA-regulated environment is a 'GxP' environment operated by an organisation involved in activities leading to the marketing of drugs or medical devices in the USA; examples are drug manufacturing sites, medical device manufacturing sites, analytical laboratories, clinical investigational sites, and nonclinical study laboratories.
21 CFR Part 11 applies to records that are required to be submitted to the FDA, or that are subject to FDA inspection, and that are in electronic form- that is, as computer files. It applies to all computer systems used to create, modify, maintain, archive, retrieve, or transmit such records- from a humble spreadsheet program to a complex information management system.
Companies that market or intend to apply for approval to market drugs or medical devices in the USA must comply with 21 CFR Part 11, whether or not they are based in the USA. Suppliers to such companies of materials, equipment, or data that are subject to FDA regulation must also comply.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment within a 90-day/3-month period (180 day/6-month period for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate of completion is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Biopharma Institute's online training programs include immediate access after enrollment. Username, password, and instructions are emailed to the student following enrollment into the program. Course takers can attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed, to achieve a passing score. Once all training requirements have been satisfied a certification of training has been achieved and can be verified immediately from our website using a unique certification ID code. The certificate of completion is also instantaneously launched and made available to the student in a PDF format upon completion. Professional certification programs additionally include a digital badge to verify training, and can be displayed on social networking sites, such as LinkedIn.
Benefits of Being Certified from Biopharma Institute
Throughout many of our online training programs students will be engaging in active learning through the use of interactive eLearning modules which have been developed to promote the retaining of key knowledge, access to references, case studies, and other important information necessary to assist with learning.
For corporations seeking a method to train employees, economically, without having to set aside time for travel, webinars, or live, in-person training, Biopharma Institute is the training partner you can rely on. Our training provides an effective, engaging, interactive, self-paced learning experience which fits conveniently into the day-to-day activities of most types of learners. Our training programs cater to both small-scale (2-100 students) and large-scale (100+ students) training requests. Since 2003, Biopharma Institute has been aiding both professionals and corporations with their training requirements. Biopharma Institute certifications are recognized by a wide spectrum of industries and our training solutions are customizable to any organization's training needs.
Compliance with Regulation 21 CFR Part 11 on Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures course is included in the following Professional Certification Programs:
Course Overview- An outline of the course scope and objectives, and notes on terminology.
21 CFR Part 11 and its scope- We define regulation 21 CFR Part 11, explain its purpose, and set out criteria for identifying the environments, computer systems, electronic records, and electronic signatures to which it applies. We describe how underlying legal requirements are specified by predicate rules. We point out that it is not the type of computer system that determines whether Part 11 applies, but the use to which the system is put. Finally, we introduce the regulation's distinction between closed and open systems.
Procedures and controls- We describe the procedures and controls that need to be established and followed to comply with Part 11. We identify those for which the FDA exercises enforcement discretion. We give examples of open systems and outline additional procedures and controls required for them.
Electronic signatures- We set out Part 11's requirements for electronic signatures. We specify the information to be provided and we outline constraints on the way signatures are linked to records. We emphasize the importance of uniqueness of signatures and verification of the identity of signatories. We mention the need for one-off certification with the FDA. We outline components of non-biometric and biometric signatures. Finally, we set out procedures and controls required for user names and passwords.
FDA enforcement discretion- We describe the FDA's narrow interpretation of Part 11, and its effect on the need to comply with some of the regulation's provisions. We discuss the latest relevant FDA guidance for industry and the effect of the agency's interpretation on its enforcement of compliance with requirements for validation, audit trails, record retention, and record copying. We also specify the exemption for legacy computer systems.
Assessment- Multiple-choice mastery assessment.
Who will benefit from this module?
This module provides essential training for all personnel who use computer systems in GxP environments.
Online Training: The Benefits of Remote Learning & eLearning
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password, and receipt of payment are emailed instantly upon online enrollment.
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter.
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days, and for professional certification programs for 180 days.
- Flexible final assessments: Assessment testing include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved.
- Direct access to certificates: Certificate of completion is instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled.
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and digital badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs.
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's training reimbursement policy.
- Financial assistance: Payment plans are available to those who qualify. These are offered when paying electronic invoices, online. You must first request an invoice to be considered. Alternatively, purchasing individual courses one at a time is also an option.
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If a PO is required by your company, request an invoice to start the procurement process.
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems.
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS provide an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance.
- Career advancement: Professional certifications help demonstrate your interest and dedication to job performance, and may be helpful for those seeking a new career or transitioning to different positions within their organization.