Enrollment Period: 6 months.
Average Learning Time: ~90 minutes.
Additional Resources: Supplemental materials/activities.
Accredited Program: 1.5 CPD Credits.
Method of Training: Online / Self-paced eLearning.Accessibility: 24/7 access to all program materials.
Catalog: Electronic Records.
Demonstration: Five (5) free trial courses are available.
Group/Employee Training: Click here to request a quote.
Final Assessment: Multiple choice; unlimited attempts.
Certificate: PDF with validation code (See sample).
Price: $225.00 USD
Document your dedication to quality, compliance, safety, and job performance by earning a training certification.Training Program: Compliance with Regulation 21 CFR Part 11 (Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures)
Training Provided By: Biopharma Institute
Schedule: Self-paced. Immediate access to training materials upon enrollment.
Part 11 of Title 21 of the US Code of Federal Regulations (21CFR11) sets out requirements that computer systems must meet to satisfy the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and to assure that electronic records and electronic signatures provided by those systems are trustworthy and reliable to the same extent as paper counterparts. The regulation sets out controls and procedures which need to be established and followed for relevant computer systems in FDA-regulated environments. An FDA-regulated environment is a 'GxP' environment operated by an organization involved in activities leading to the marketing of drugs or medical devices in the USA; examples are drug manufacturing sites, medical device manufacturing sites, analytical laboratories, clinical investigational sites, and nonclinical study laboratories.
21 CFR Part 11 applies to records that are required to be submitted to the FDA, or that are subject to FDA inspection, and that are in electronic form- that is, as computer files. It applies to all computer systems used to create, modify, maintain, archive, retrieve, or transmit such records- from a humble spreadsheet program to a complex information management system.
Companies that market or intend to apply for approval to market drugs or medical devices in the USA must comply with 21 CFR Part 11, whether or not they are based in the USA. Suppliers to such companies of materials, equipment, or data that are subject to FDA regulation must also comply.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire course and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment within a 6-month period, or a 12-month period for professional certification programs. A certificate of completion is immediately accessible in PDF format after satisfying the requirements.
Biopharma Institute certificates and digital badges include the date of completion, but do not have an expiration date. However, compliance training is typically considered valid for a period of 3 years. Many organizations suggest that compliance training should be refreshed at least every three years to stay up to date with regulations, standards, guidelines, and to reinforce the importance of maintaining compliance. The validity period for employee compliance training would be determined by those responsible for managing quality assurance.
Biopharma Institute's online training courses include immediate access after enrollment. Username, password, and instructions are emailed to the student directly following online enrollment into the program. Course takers may attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed, to achieve a passing score. The certificate of completion is instantaneously launched and made available to the student in a PDF format upon completion.
Once all training requirements have been satisfied the achievement can be verified from our website using the unique ID code found on the certificate. Professional certification programs issue a digital badge to verify training and document the achievement. These digital badges can be displayed on social networking sites, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Badgr.
Course Overview- An outline of the course scope and objectives, and notes on terminology.
21 CFR Part 11 and its scope- We define regulation 21 CFR Part 11, explain its purpose, and set out criteria for identifying the environments, computer systems, electronic records, and electronic signatures to which it applies. We describe how underlying legal requirements are specified by predicate rules. We point out that it is not the type of computer system that determines whether Part 11 applies, but the use to which the system is put. Finally, we introduce the regulation's distinction between closed and open systems.
Procedures and controls- We describe the procedures and controls that need to be established and followed to comply with Part 11. We identify those for which the FDA exercises enforcement discretion. We give examples of open systems and outline additional procedures and controls required for them.
Electronic signatures- We set out Part 11's requirements for electronic signatures. We specify the information to be provided and we outline constraints on the way signatures are linked to records. We emphasize the importance of uniqueness of signatures and verification of the identity of signatories. We mention the need for one-off certification with the FDA. We outline components of non-biometric and biometric signatures. Finally, we set out procedures and controls required for user names and passwords.
FDA enforcement discretion- We describe the FDA's narrow interpretation of Part 11, and its effect on the need to comply with some of the regulation's provisions. We discuss the latest relevant FDA guidance for industry and the effect of the agency's interpretation on its enforcement of compliance with requirements for validation, audit trails, record retention, and record copying. We also specify the exemption for legacy computer systems.
Assessment- Multiple-choice mastery assessment.
Who will benefit from this module?
This module provides essential training for all personnel who use computer systems in GxP environments.
Compliance with Regulation 21 CFR Part 11 (Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures) is included in the following professional certification programs:
Price: $695.00 (USD) | Learn more
Price: $885.00 (USD) | Learn more
Benefits of Being Certified from Biopharma Institute: Throughout many of our online training programs students will be engaging in active learning through the use of interactive eLearning modules validated by 3rd party organizations for relavancy and regulatory content. The courses are developed by subject matter experts (SMEs) to promote the retaining of key knowledge. They offer access to regulatory references, real-life case studies, and introduce other important information necessary to assist with learning. Since 2003, Biopharma Institute has been aiding both professionals and their corporate employers with fulfilling training requirements. Biopharma Institute's certifications are recognized by a wide spectrum of industries, regulators, and companies around the world. Furthermore, our training solutions are customizable to any organization's training needs. Today, Biopharma Institute offers over 200 courses training on clinical research, drug manufacturing (cGMP), regulatory affairs, validation systems, pharmacovigilance, good laboratory practice (GLP), and data integrity for the clinical research, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries.
Group Training for Employees: For corporations seeking a method to train employees, economically, without having to set aside time for travel, webinars, or live, in-person training; Biopharma Institute is the training partner you can rely on. Our training provides an effective, engaging, self-paced learning experience which fits conveniently into the day-to-day activities of most types of learners. Our eLearning modules are SCORM-compliant and can be delivered from most corporate learning management systems (LMS). We catering to both small-scale and large-scale training requests, with the same goal in mind: To make this a good experience for everyone involved, from the students to those managing the group training.
Benefits of Training with Biopharma Institute
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password, and receipt of payment are emailed instantly upon online enrollment.
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 6 months and 1 year for professional certification programs.
- Expertise: All courses have been developed by subject matter experts (SMEs) in the area of material being taught.
- Current and validated: All courses are current with respect to regulations and procedures, and are 3rd party validated and/or accredited.
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voiceovers, easy navigation, case studies, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter.
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS provide an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for malware to deliver optimal level of security and performance.
- Training manager access: Our proprietary Training Manager Portal offers managers access to download their group enrollments, training records, account balance, and so much more.
- Purchase orders (POs): If issuing a PO is required by your company, request an invoice to start the procurement process.
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems.
- Reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses. Check your company's training reimbursement policy.
- Financial assistance: Payment plans are available to those who qualify. These are offered when paying electronic invoices, online. You must first request an invoice to be considered. Alternatively, purchasing individual courses one at a time is also an option.
- Flexible final assessments: Assessments include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved.
- Career advancement: Professional certifications help demonstrate your interest and dedication to your career and job performance. They may be helpful for those seeking a new career or transitioning to different positions within their organization.
- Direct access to certificates: Certificate of completion is instantly available once requirements have been fulfilled.
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and digital badges are issued for all professional certification programs.