Enrollment Period: 6 months.
Average Learning Time: ~150 minutes.
Additional Resources: Supplemental materials/activities.
Accredited Program: 2.5 CPD Credits.
Method of Training: Online / Self-paced eLearning.Accessibility: 24/7 access to all program materials.
Catalog: Clinical Trials Management and Monitoring.
Demonstration: Five (5) free trial courses are available.
Final Assessment: Multiple choice; unlimited attempts.
Certificate: PDF with validation code (See sample).
Price: $225.00 USD
Document your dedication to quality, compliance, safety, and job performance by earning a training certification.Training Program: Clinical Trials: Preparing for an Audit or Inspection
Training Provided By: Biopharma Institute
Schedule: Self-paced. Immediate access to training materials upon enrollment.
Good Clinical Practice (GCP) inspections and audits are carried out to provide assurance that: the rights, safety and welfare of clinical trial subjects are protected; the data that constitute the results of the trials are accurate and reliable; and the trials are carried out in compliance with relevant legal requirements.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire course and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment within a 6-month period, or a 12-month period for professional certification programs. A certificate of completion is immediately accessible in PDF format after satisfying the requirements.
Biopharma Institute certificates and digital badges include the date of completion, but do not have an expiration date. However, compliance training is typically considered valid for a period of 3 years. Many organizations suggest that compliance training should be refreshed at least every three years to stay up to date with regulations, standards, guidelines, and to reinforce the importance of maintaining compliance. The validity period for employee compliance training would be determined by those responsible for managing quality assurance.
Biopharma Institute's online training courses include immediate access after enrollment. Username, password, and instructions are emailed to the student directly following online enrollment into the program. Course takers may attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed, to achieve a passing score. The certificate of completion is instantaneously launched and made available to the student in a PDF format upon completion.
Once all training requirements have been satisfied the achievement can be verified from our website using the unique ID code found on the certificate. Professional certification programs issue a digital badge to verify training and document the achievement. These digital badges can be displayed on social networking sites, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Badgr.
An outline of the module's scope and objectives, and notes on terminology.
Principles of GCP inspections and audits
Principles, applicable in any regulatory jurisdiction, of inspections and audits: their purpose, who carries them out, in what circumstances, and their possible consequences; routine versus targeted inspections; system versus study-specific inspections.
Preparing for an inspection
Actions you can take to prepare your site for a GCP inspection, whether you work for a sponsor or CRO or as a clinical investigator.
European regulators' inspection of sponsor and CRO sites
Procedure for inspection of the site of a sponsor or CRO by the regulatory authority of a member state of the European Economic Area: pre-inspection provision of an inspection request and plan to the inspectee; quality system inspection; study-specific inspection.
European regulators' inspection of investigator sites
Inspection of legal and administrative aspects, organizational aspects, informed consent provisions, subject data, and management of investigational medicinal products.
FDA inspection of sponsor and CRO sites
An outline of pre-inspection activity among the relevant FDA offices is followed by detailed description of what the inspectors examine as regards organization and personnel, study registration, selection and monitoring of investigators, study monitoring, quality assurance, safety and adverse event reporting, data collection and handling, record retention, financial disclosure, computer systems, electronic records and signatures, and investigational product.
FDA inspection of investigator sites
An outline of investigators' legal obligations and the possible scope of an inspection is followed by detailed description of what the inspectors examine as regards authority and administration, clinical protocol, institutional review board, informed consent, source documents, CRFs, financial disclosure, investigational product control, records retention, reports to sponsor, and monitoring.
Action after an inspection or audit
This session describes post-inspection actions by regulators, and responses by inspected parties, with particular reference to European and US regulators: meetings at the close of inspections, inspection reports, classification of findings, responses and action plans, post-inspectional correspondence, and possible consequences of serious deficiencies.
Multiple-choice mastery assessment.
Who will benefit from this module?
This module will benefit all those involved in clinical research who already understand the basics of GCP. It will be of value to staff working in clinical, medical and QA departments of pharmaceutical companies and CROs, to independent clinical research associates, and to healthcare professionals conducting clinical studies.
Clinical Trials: Preparing for an Audit or Inspection is included in the following professional certification programs:
Price: $845.00 (USD) | Learn more
Price: $1295.00 (USD) | Learn more
Benefits of Being Certified from Biopharma Institute: Throughout many of our online training programs students will be engaging in active learning through the use of interactive eLearning modules validated by 3rd party organizations for relavancy and regulatory content. The courses are developed by subject matter experts (SMEs) to promote the retaining of key knowledge. They offer access to regulatory references, real-life case studies, and introduce other important information necessary to assist with learning. Since 2003, Biopharma Institute has been aiding both professionals and their corporate employers with fulfilling training requirements. Biopharma Institute's certifications are recognized by a wide spectrum of industries, regulators, and companies around the world. Furthermore, our training solutions are customizable to any organization's training needs. Today, Biopharma Institute offers over 200 courses training on clinical research, drug manufacturing (cGMP), regulatory affairs, validation systems, pharmacovigilance, good laboratory practice (GLP), and data integrity for the clinical research, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries.
Group Training for Employees: For corporations seeking a method to train employees, economically, without having to set aside time for travel, webinars, or live, in-person training; Biopharma Institute is the training partner you can rely on. Our training provides an effective, engaging, self-paced learning experience which fits conveniently into the day-to-day activities of most types of learners. Our eLearning modules are SCORM-compliant and can be delivered from most corporate learning management systems (LMS). We catering to both small-scale and large-scale training requests, with the same goal in mind: To make this a good experience for everyone involved, from the students to those managing the group training.
Benefits of Training with Biopharma Institute
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password, and receipt of payment are emailed instantly upon online enrollment.
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 6 months and 1 year for professional certification programs.
- Expertise: All courses have been developed by subject matter experts (SMEs) in the area of material being taught.
- Current and validated: All courses are current with respect to regulations and procedures, and are 3rd party validated and/or accredited.
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voiceovers, easy navigation, case studies, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter.
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS provide an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for malware to deliver optimal level of security and performance.
- Training manager access: Our proprietary Training Manager Portal offers managers access to download their group enrollments, training records, account balance, and so much more.
- Purchase orders (POs): If issuing a PO is required by your company, request an invoice to start the procurement process.
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems.
- Reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses. Check your company's training reimbursement policy.
- Financial assistance: Payment plans are available to those who qualify. These are offered when paying electronic invoices, online. You must first request an invoice to be considered. Alternatively, purchasing individual courses one at a time is also an option.
- Flexible final assessments: Assessments include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved.
- Career advancement: Professional certifications help demonstrate your interest and dedication to your career and job performance. They may be helpful for those seeking a new career or transitioning to different positions within their organization.
- Direct access to certificates: Certificate of completion is instantly available once requirements have been fulfilled.
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and digital badges are issued for all professional certification programs.