Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Neuropathic Pain: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The sensation of pain results from adverse physical or emotional experiences that cause actual or perceived tissue damage. The most common pain sensation, nociceptive pain, results from physical tissue damage, which is experienced through the nervous system. A second type of pain, neuropathic pain, stems from a malfunction in the central and/or peripheral nervous system. Because its source is internal, neuropathic pain may lack an obvious origin. This course focuses on the prognosis for neuropathic pain and discusses treatment options.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Neuropathic Pain: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Quality of Life
6. Dimensions of Pain and Suffering
7. Progress Check
9. Pharmacological Options: Overview
12. Opiate Analgesics
13. Other Medications
14. Regional Anesthesia
15. Non-pharmacological Options
16. General Surgical Approaches
18. Progress Check
Describe how chronic neuropathic pain impacts quality of life.
Name comorbid conditions for neuropathic pain.
List three drug classes used to treat neuropathic pain.
Distinguish between first-line and second- or third-line therapies.
Describe non-pharmacological alternatives for treating neuropathic pain.
Explain how surgery may alleviate pain in trigeminal neuralgia patients.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.