Duration: 1.9 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 2
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Drug Safety.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $189.00
Training Program: Drug Safety: Good Pharmacoepidemiology Practice
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
Pharmacoepidemiology is the study of the use and effects of drugs in large numbers of people. It provides a bridge between clinical pharmacology and epidemiology. The increasing demand for real-world evidence of the safety, efficacy and utility of medicinal products has focused greater attention on pharmacoepidemiological research. This module will help those who plan and conduct such research, and analyse and report the findings, to follow good practice.
This is an online training course with immediate access upon enrollment. Username, password, and instructions will be emailed to the student immediately following an online enrollment. Program includes high-quality animations, progress checks, easy navigation, and voice-overs. Some select training programs make available references and/or course notes in PDF format. Once all course requirements have been satisfied, a certificate of completion is immediately available. Course takers can attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed, in order to achieve a passing grade.
Benefits of Getting Certified at BioPharma Institute
By employing advanced e-learning training techniques, and coupling them with new automated tracking systems, the BioPharma Institute provides professionally designed online courses which are effective at training, and assist those interested with advancing their careers. The BioPharma Institute also assists companies through maintaining training records, the education of their employees, and assisting them with improving their overall quality of service.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Drug Safety: Good Pharmacoepidemiology Practice course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
Study planning and data collection
--Outline the role and formulation of a research question and study protocol
--Discuss the choice of study design and research methods
--Identify types of data source and means of data collection
--Summaries obligations for protection of subjects
--Discuss operational definition and validation of drug exposure, outcomes, and covariates
--Give examples of good practice in data collection, management, and verification
Analysis, interpretation, and communication
--Discuss data analysis and the interpretation of results
--Outline the role and formulation of a statistical analysis plan
--Describe obligations for provision of a study report and communication of findings
Assessment- Multiple-choice mastery assessment.
Who will benefit from this module?
Staff working in drug safety and pharmacovigilance or clinical research departments of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies will benefit from this module. It will also be of value to healthcare professionals.
On completion of this module, you should be able to follow good practice in:
--Planning pharmacoepidemiological research
--Collecting data in such research
--Analysing data from pharmacoepidemiological studies
--Interpreting and communicating the results of such studies
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's requirements
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If POs are required, request an invoice to start the procurement process
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications could be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.