Methods in Molecular Biology (MEMOB)
||Duration: 0.9 hours (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).
Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Methods in Molecular Biology
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. This course is an introduction to molecular biology, with a focus on the techniques used to isolate, identify, modify and analyze three key molecules: DNA, RNA and proteins. The course describes the principle concepts and uses of each technique, using a case study to illustrate the relevant points. The course does not cover the protocols for these techniques.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Online Training Programs Include:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, user name, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced training: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
The Methods in Molecular Biology course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Central Dogma
6. DNA/RNA Structure
8. Protein Structure
9. Progress Check
11. DNA Manipulation
12. DNA Cloning and Gene Transfer
13. DNA Sequencing
14. Recombinant Proteins
15. Case Study: Part 1
16. Progress Check
POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION
19. Real time PCR
21. Case study: Part 2
22. Progress Check
24. DNA and RNA Electrophoresis
26. Native Gels
28. 2D Gel Electrophoresis
30. Case study: Part 3
31. Progress Check
33. Southern and Northern
35. Case study: Part 4
36. Progress Check
Describe the basic structure and function of DNA, RNA and Proteins
Explain the ‘Central Dogma’
Understand the steps in the translation of RNA to protein
Explain how DNA is manipulated
Describe how a fragment of DNA is cloned
List three methods of introducing DNA into cells
Explain how recombinant proteins are generated
Explain how DNA is sequenced List the reagents needed to perform PCR
Explain the concept of PCR
Explain how RT-PCR is used for gene expression analyses
List and explain the four common types of ‘real time PCR
Explain how RNA and DNA are separated using electrophoresis
Explain how proteins are separated using electrophoresis
Explain how large mixtures of proteins can be analyzed
Specify the main steps of chromatography
List and describe the five types of chromatography
Explain how Southern, northern and western blotting are performed
Specify the uses of each technique
For more information on the BioPharma Institute’s training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN
, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com