Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Anxiety Disorder: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Characterized by excessive and prolonged nervousness, generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) can cause an individual to become preoccupied with family, work, relationships or finance as to hinder normal function. This course compares pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment approaches for patients with GAD.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Anxiety Disorder: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
7. Tricyclic Antidepressants
8. SNRIs and Other Agents
10. MAO Inhibitors
11. Combination Treatment
12. Progress Check
15. Progress Check
17. Disease Onset and Prognosis
19. Progress Check
Give examples of each type of pharmacological anxiety disorder treatment.
Describe the mechanism of action, recommended dose level, and side effect profile of each medication.
Explain tolerance and dependence as they pertain to benzodiazepines.
Using specific examples, explain why brain neurotransmitters make ideal therapeutic targets.
Discuss MAO inhibitors` disadvantages and potential solutions.
Describe the methods and objectives of cognitive-behavioral therapies for GAD treatment.
Define cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT).
Discuss CBT`s aims and benefits in GAD patients.
Explain CBT`s limitations.
Describe the onset, nature, and course of GAD.
Describe GAD`s comorbidity rates for other mental disorders.
Explain GAD and substance abuse comorbidity rates.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.