Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Cause
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) leads to dysfunction of the central retina. Associated with a wide spectrum of signs and symptoms, it is the primary cause of visual disability among adults in Western societies. This course discusses the physiology of the vitreous, the retina, the macula, and the choroids. It provides the background necessary to understand the pathophysiology of AMD and to determine which patients are most at risk for the disease.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Cause course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. The Vitreous Humor
6. The Retina
7. The Macula
8. The Choroid
9. Retinal Blood Supply
10. Progress Check
12. Non-Exudative (Dry) AMD: Drusen
13. Non-Exudative (Dry) AMD: RPE Abnormalities
14. Exudative (Wet) AMD: CNV
15. Exudative (Wet) AMD: Signs and Symptoms
16. AMD: Dry vs. Wet
17. Progress Check
19. Epidemiology of AMD
20. Progress Check
Discuss the normal anatomy and physiology of the retina
Explain the location, function, and importance of the macula
Identify the two blood supplies to the retina
Describe the types of AMD
Explain how AMD causes visual impairment
Describe the prevalence of AMD
Understand the risk factors associated with AMD
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.