Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Bipolar Disorder: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. An incurable mental illness, bipolar disorder (previously called manic-depression) produces episodes of major depression alternating with episodes of mania in its sufferers. Patients experience alterations in mood, behavior, and cognition. Moreover, other aspects of brain functioning such as sensory perception, appetite, or sleep-wake cycle regulation are altered. In this course, you will be introduced to the treatment options available to patients with bipolar disorder.
Duration: Approximately 1 hour
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Bipolar Disorder: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
7. Progress Check
12. Ziprasidone and Aripiprazole
13. Progress Check
17. Topiramate and Other Agents
18. Progress Check
20. Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
21. Psychosocial Therapy
22. Progress Check
TREATMENT PRACTICE GUIDELINES
24. Acute Treatment
25. Maintenance Treatment
26. Progress Check
PROGNOSIS AND COMORBIDITY
28. Natural Course and Clinical Outcome
29. Substance Abuse
30. Anxiety and Personality Disorders
31. Progress Check
For the common pharmacological agents lithium and valproate, explain the major pharmacological features and proposed mechanisms of action.
For lithium and valproate, identify how these agents affect the brain and how these changes benefit the patient.
For lithium and valproate, describe any known side effects.
Explain the pharmacology and proposed or known mechanisms of action of the antipsychotics used for treatment of bipolar patients.
List the indications, advantages, and side effects of each antipsychotic presented.
Explain the pharmacology and proposed mechanism of action for each agent presented in this section.
List the beneficial effects and side effects of each agent presented in this section.
Discuss the indications, advantages, and proposed mechanism of action for electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). Explain what psychosocial therapy is and how it is applied to patients with bipolar disorder.
Discuss the guidelines for psychiatric treatment of bipolar disorder as set by the APA.
Enumerate the recommendations for acute treatment of manic or mixed episodes, depressive episodes, and rapid cycling.
Summarize the recommendations for pharmacologic and psychosocial intervention for the maintenance phase of bipolar disorder.
Discuss the natural course and clinical outcomes of bipolar illness.
List the concomitant diseases and conditions of bipolar disorder.
Discuss the high prevalence of suicide in bipolar patients.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.