Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Physiology of the Gastrointestinal System
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The digestive system, also referred to as the gastrointestinal or alimentary tract, contains the organs involved in the ingestion and processing of food. The digestive system plays a role in four major functions: ingestion, digestion, absorption, and elimination. This course describes the physiology of the gastrointestinal system.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Physiology of the Gastrointestinal System course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
TISSUE STRUCTURE AND SECRETIONS
5. Alimentary Canal Substructure
7. External Layers
8. Esophageal Mucus
9. Gastric Secretory Cells
10. Cell Populations
11. Progress Check
ACID PRODUCTION AND REGULATION
14. Gastric Acid
15. Chemical Regulators
16. Cephalic Phase
17. Gastric Phase
18. Intestinal Phase
19. Progress Check
Describe the anatomy of the alimentary canal.
Identify the substance secreted by the esophageal mucosa, and explain its role in the digestive process.
List the secretions produced by glandular cells of the gastric mucosa, and explain the role of each in the digestive process.
Explain how gastric acid is produced by parietal cells.
Name the three main chemical mediators of gastric acid secretion.
Describe the secretion of gastric acid under basal conditions.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.