Duration: 1.5 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credit Hours: See individual courses for credit hours assigned.
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 6 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
|Description: Glaucoma is a leading cause of irreversible vision loss, second only to cataracts as the most common cause of blindness. Glaucoma affects about 70 million people worldwide, over 6.7 million of whom are bilaterally blind. As the American population ages, the risk of developing glaucoma is rapidly increasing. By the year 2020, glaucoma is projected to affect 3.4 million people. Several types of glaucoma exist, and there is much debate about their classification. There are open angle glaucomas without other known ocular or systemic disorders, angle closure glaucomas without other known ocular or systemic disorders, developmental or congenital glaucomas, and glaucomas associated with other ocular and systemic disorders (disorders of the retina, choroid, or vitreous, intraocular tumors, inflammation, steroid-induced disorders, trauma, hemorrhage, iatrogenic disorders, and postoperative disorders). This suite discusses the pathophysiology and epidemiology of various types of glaucoma, as well as common diagnostic tests and the currently available pharmacological and surgical treatment options.|
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
The Glaucoma: Three-Course Suite includes these individual courses:
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.