Duration: 2 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 2
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Good Laboratory Practices.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $195.00
Training Program: GLP: Microbiology Laboratory Techniques
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
This online course describes a number of fundamental procedures and techniques that are used regularly in laboratories dealing in microbiology. The course covers topics such as biohazard cabinets and laminar flow, QC and media preparation, reading exposure plates, method validation for microbiology tests, maintaining and handling cultures, the sterility test, glossary/resources, and a conclusion which summarizes the previously listed topics. Once all course requirements have been satisfied, the student will have immediate access to a certificate of completion in PDF format.
Benefits of Getting Certified at BioPharma Institute
At the BioPharma Institute, our certifications are recognized in a wide spectrum of industries, and our training solutions are customizable to meet specific needs of most organizations. Since 1997, we have been aiding businesses in the training of their employees. We are one of the leading online training institutes for professionals working in the healthcare, biotech, and pharmaceutical industries.
Whether your organization needs to run a small-scale refresher course, or a large scale training program for your new employees, the BioPharma Institute has stellar industry knowledge and resources to deliver high-quality training for you, your employees, and your colleagues.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The GLP: Microbiology Laboratory Techniques course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
LAMINAR FLOW AND BIOHAZARD CABINETS
2. Airflow patterns I
3. Airflow patterns II
4. Transferring materials
MEDIA PREPARATION AND QC
7. Importance of media
8. Media preparation notes
9. QC tests
10. Storage conditions
11. Importance of traceability
READING EXPOSURE PLATES
14. Environmental monitoring
15. Microbiological plating
16. Membrane filtration
17. Direct plate techniques
18. Exposure plate reliability
19. Reading and recording
METHOD VALIDATION FOR MICROBIOLOGY TESTS
22. Test methods
23. Typical validation tests
HANDLING AND MAINTAINING CULTURES
26. Why maintain cultures?
27. Sources of cultures
28. Cultures as references
30. Subculturing requirements
THE STERILITY TEST
33. Purpose & principles
34. Unsatisfactory test results
35. Satisfactory test results
36. Sterility test environment
37. Negative controls
Work effectively in a cleanroom cabinet.
Describe how media is prepared and quality controlled.
Read plates and report results.
State the requirements for microbiology method validations.
Handle and maintain cultures according to laboratory procedures.
State the special requirements and limitations of the sterility test.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's requirements
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If POs are required, request an invoice to start the procurement process
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications could be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.