Duration: 2 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 2
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Good Laboratory Practices.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $195.00
Training Program: GLP: Microbiology Laboratory Techniques
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
This online course describes a number of fundamental procedures and techniques that are used regularly in laboratories dealing in microbiology. The course covers topics such as biohazard cabinets and laminar flow, QC and media preparation, reading exposure plates, method validation for microbiology tests, maintaining and handling cultures, the sterility test, glossary/resources, and a conclusion which summarizes the previously listed topics. Once all course requirements have been satisfied, the student will have immediate access to a certificate of completion in PDF format.
Benefits of Getting Certified at BioPharma Institute
At the BioPharma Institute, our certifications are recognized in a wide spectrum of industries, and our training solutions are customizable to meet specific needs of most organizations. Since 1997, we have been aiding businesses in the training of their employees. We are one of the leading online training institutes for professionals working in the healthcare, biotech, and pharmaceutical industries.
Whether your organization needs to run a small-scale refresher course, or a large scale training program for your new employees, the BioPharma Institute has stellar industry knowledge and resources to deliver high-quality training for you, your employees, and your colleagues.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The GLP: Microbiology Laboratory Techniques course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
LAMINAR FLOW AND BIOHAZARD CABINETS
2. Airflow patterns I
3. Airflow patterns II
4. Transferring materials
MEDIA PREPARATION AND QC
7. Importance of media
8. Media preparation notes
9. QC tests
10. Storage conditions
11. Importance of traceability
READING EXPOSURE PLATES
14. Environmental monitoring
15. Microbiological plating
16. Membrane filtration
17. Direct plate techniques
18. Exposure plate reliability
19. Reading and recording
METHOD VALIDATION FOR MICROBIOLOGY TESTS
22. Test methods
23. Typical validation tests
HANDLING AND MAINTAINING CULTURES
26. Why maintain cultures?
27. Sources of cultures
28. Cultures as references
30. Subculturing requirements
THE STERILITY TEST
33. Purpose & principles
34. Unsatisfactory test results
35. Satisfactory test results
36. Sterility test environment
37. Negative controls
Work effectively in a cleanroom cabinet.
Describe how media is prepared and quality controlled.
Read plates and report results.
State the requirements for microbiology method validations.
Handle and maintain cultures according to laboratory procedures.
State the special requirements and limitations of the sterility test.
All Courses in the Good Laboratory Practices Catalog:
|GLP: Introduction to QC: This online course introduces students to the basic requirements and concepts of Good Quality Control Laboratory Practices. It will review the standards used in the industry and specify QC requirements and defi ... Learn more|
|GLP: QC in a Regulated Laboratory: This online course introduces students to the basic requirements and concepts of quality control in a regulated pharmaceutical laboratory. It discusses issues that laboratory auditors focus on. Also presented w ... Learn more|
|GLP: Basic Statistics for QC Laboratories: This online course covers a number of practical and essential statistical techniques that are needed for the analyst working in a laboratory setting. Students will learn how and when to apply techniques to data ... Learn more|
|GLP: Sampling Plans: This online course discusses the unique problems found in pharmaceutical production, whether inactive or active chemical materials, unprinted or printed packaging materials, process water, in-process materials, ... Learn more|
|GLP: Stability Programs: This online course introduces the student to the requirements for stability programs, how they are reviewed, and their purpose. Also presented will be the basic requirements for scheduling tests. The course cov ... Learn more|
|GLP: Microbiology and QC: This online course provides an introduction to the basic requirements and concepts of quality control for microbiological testing laboratories operating under good laboratory practice (GLP) guidelines. The cour ... Learn more|
|GLP: Microbiology Laboratory Techniques: This online course describes a number of fundamental procedures and techniques that are used regularly in laboratories dealing in microbiology. The course covers topics such as biohazard cabinets and laminar fl ... Learn more|
|GLP Quality Control: Analytical Method Validation: A fundamental QC requirement, both for GMP inspection of laboratories and product registration, is the analytical test method validation. Worldwide GMP auditing trends are currently focusing on Good Laboratory ... Learn more|
|GLP Quality Control: IQ/OQ and Calibration of Lab Equipment: This course is to be taken online, and covers the requirements for the qualification of laboratory instruments, including Performance Qualification (PQ), Operational Qualification (OQ), and Installation Qualifi ... Learn more|
Online Training: The Benefits of eLearning
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's requirements
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If POs are required, request an invoice to start the procurement process
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications could be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.