Method of Training: Online / Self-paced eLearning.Credits: 1.5 CPD Credits.
Duration: ~1.5 hour(s).
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Drug Safety.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $195.00
Document a dedication to your career and job performance by earning a training certification from Biopharma Institute.Training Program: Drug Safety: Signal Detection and Management in Pharmacovigilance
Training Provided By: Biopharma Institute
Schedule: Self-paced. Immediate access to training materials upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
The fundamental aim of drug safety assessment is to establish what adverse reactions may be caused by a medicinal product. Factors such as seriousness, severity, and frequency of reactions are then taken into account, along with the medical benefit of the drug, in establishing the benefit/risk profile of the product.
Product license holders and regulatory authorities monitor the safety of licensed drugs to detect adverse reactions that are unexpected qualitatively or quantitatively and that alter benefit/risk balance, and they take risk minimization action as necessary. Such pharmacovigilance principally involves the identification and evaluation of safety signals in information obtained from a wide range of data sources.
The methods used range from traditional medical assessment of individual spontaneous reports of adverse events, through 'data mining' of large databases, observational studies of 'real world' prescription and use, to interventional clinical trials.
This course provides a guide to signal detection and management for approved products. The subject is presented as a process comprising four stages: signal detection, signal validation, signal analysis and prioritization, and risk assessment and minimization.
This online course supplies the student with a guide that will help them understand signal detection and the proper management of approved products. The process for this subject matter is presented in four stages: minimization and risk assessment; prioritization and signal analysis; signal validation; and signal detection. Interventional clinical trials, observational studies of prescription, and their use in the real world, data mining through large databases, and traditional medical assessment of individual spontaneous reports of adverse events, are some of the methods used.
Once all course requirements have been satisfied, a certificate of completion is immediately available. Course takers can attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed in order to achieve a passing grade.
Benefits of Getting Certified at BioPharma Institute
By employing advanced e-learning training techniques, and coupling them with new automated tracking systems, the BioPharma Institute provides professionally designed online courses which are effective at training, and assist those interested with advancing their careers. The BioPharma Institute also assists companies through maintaining training records, the education of their employees, and assisting them with improving their overall quality of service. The BioPharma Institute has, for two decades, offered effective, efficient, and convenient training solutions to individuals working in the healthcare, clinical research, and pharmaceutical industries. Contact us to learn more about what the BioPharma Institute can do for you and/or your company.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with passing score within a 90-day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Drug Safety: Signal Detection and Management in Pharmacovigilance Course is Included in the Following Professional Certification Programs:
Full List of Programs in the Drug Safety Catalog:
|Drug Safety: Signal Detection and Management in Pharmacovigilance: The fundamental aim of drug safety assessment is to establish what adverse reactions may be caused by a medicinal product. Factors such as seriousness, severity, and frequency of reactions are then taken into a ... Learn more|
|Drug Safety: Risk Management Planning for Medicinal Products: Proactive risk management is a major component of good pharmacovigilance practice. This module sets out the principles of risk management planning and outlines regulatory requirements for risk management plans ... Learn more|
|Drug Safety: Urgent Safety Restrictions: In response to a safety signal, a regulatory action, called the Urgent Safety Restriction (USR), is taken. This action is intended to push an interim change to the marketing authorization's terms for a medicina ... Learn more|
|Good Pharmacoepidemiology Practice Professional Certification Program: This professional certification program will provide the student with a comprehensive overview of the requirements and concepts necessary for a strong understanding of Good Pharmacoepidemiology Practice, drug s ... Learn more|
|Introduction to Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance: Drug safety monitoring and risk management are vitally important for medicinal product developers, license holders and clinical investigators. In addition to their duty to protect public health, increasingly ti ... Learn more|
|An Introduction to Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics in Drug Development and Registration: Pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) studies provide a bridge between science and medicine in the development of a drug. In this module we describe the role of in-vivo PK and PD studies in a drug devel ... Learn more|
|Conducting Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Studies: This course extends the learner's understanding of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies from the basics described in our companion module PKPD01, An Introduction to Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics ... Learn more|
|Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics Professional Certification Program: This professional certification program will provide the student with a comprehensive overview of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic. Pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) studies provide a bridge betw ... Learn more|
|Drug Safety: Good Pharmacoepidemiology Practice: Pharmacoepidemiology is the study of the use and effects of drugs in large numbers of people. It provides a bridge between clinical pharmacology and epidemiology. The increasing demand for real-world evidence o ... Learn more|
|Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance Professional Certification Program: This professional certification program will provide the student with a comprehensive overview of the requirements and concepts necessary for a strong understanding of drug safety and pharmacovigilance. Individ ... Learn more|
|Introduction to Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance, An Abridged Course: The Introduction to Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance, An Abridged Course, is a shortened training program used primarily for demonstration purposes only. The course includes information on monitoring adverse d ... Learn more|
Online Training: The Benefits of eLearning
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password, and receipt of payment are emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days, and for professional certification programs for 180 days
- Flexible final assessments: Assessment testing include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Certificate of completion is instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and digital badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's requirements
- Financial assistance: Payment plans are available to those who qualify. These are offered when paying electronic invoices, online. You must first request an invoice to be considered. Alternatively, purchasing individual courses one at a time is also an option
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If a PO is required by your company, request an invoice to start the procurement process
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS provide an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications help demonstrate your interest and dedication to job performance, and may be helpful for those seeking a new career or transitioning to different positions within their organization