Method of Training: Online / Self-paced eLearning.Credits: 1.5 CPD Credits.
Duration: ~1.5 hour(s).
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Drug Safety.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $195.00
Document a dedication to your career and job performance by earning a training certification from Biopharma Institute.Training Program: Drug Safety: Signal Detection and Management in Pharmacovigilance
Training Provided By: Biopharma Institute
Schedule: Self-paced. Immediate access to training materials upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
The fundamental aim of drug safety assessment is to establish what adverse reactions may be caused by a medicinal product. Factors such as seriousness, severity, and frequency of reactions are then taken into account, along with the medical benefit of the drug, in establishing the benefit/risk profile of the product.
Product license holders and regulatory authorities monitor the safety of licensed drugs to detect adverse reactions that are unexpected qualitatively or quantitatively and that alter benefit/risk balance, and they take risk minimization action as necessary. Such pharmacovigilance principally involves the identification and evaluation of safety signals in information obtained from a wide range of data sources.
The methods used range from traditional medical assessment of individual spontaneous reports of adverse events, through 'data mining' of large databases, observational studies of 'real world' prescription and use, to interventional clinical trials.
This course provides a guide to signal detection and management for approved products. The subject is presented as a process comprising four (4) stages: signal detection, signal validation, signal analysis and prioritization, and risk assessment and minimization.
This online course supplies the student with a guide that will help them understand signal detection and the proper management of approved products. The process for this subject matter is presented in four stages: minimization and risk assessment; prioritization and signal analysis; signal validation; and signal detection. Interventional clinical trials, observational studies of prescription, and their use in the real world, data mining through large databases, and traditional medical assessment of individual spontaneous reports of adverse events, are some of the methods used.
Once all course requirements have been satisfied, students will immediately receive a certificate of completion (PDF) and have been introduced to appropriate guidelines and pharmaceutical industry standards. This program assures that the student will understand the federal regulation compliances and how to conduct work which adheres to these standards.
This online training program includes immediate access after enrollment. Username, password, and instructions are emailed to the student following the enrollment into the program. Course takers can attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed, in order to achieve a passing grade. Once all course requirements have been satisfied, a certification of training has been achieved and a certificate is immediately made available to the student.
Benefits of Getting Certified at Biopharma Institute
Throughout many of our courses, students will engage in active learning using interactive eLearning modules developed to promote the learning of key knowledge and information. For companies seeking a method to train employees, economically, without having to set aside an entire day for them to attend a live course, Biopharma Institute is the training partner you can rely on. Our training provides an effective, engaging, interactive, self-paced learning experience which fits in with most types of learners. We cater to both small-scale and large-scale training requests, customizing your employee's education.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with passing score within a 90-day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Drug Safety: Signal Detection and Management in Pharmacovigilance Course is Included in the Following Professional Certification Programs:
Online Training: The Benefits of eLearning
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password, and receipt of payment are emailed instantly upon online enrollment.
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter.
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days, and for professional certification programs for 180 days.
- Flexible final assessments: Assessment testing include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved.
- Direct access to certificates: Certificate of completion is instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled.
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and digital badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs.
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's requirements.
- Financial assistance: Payment plans are available to those who qualify. These are offered when paying electronic invoices, online. You must first request an invoice to be considered. Alternatively, purchasing individual courses one at a time is also an option.
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If a PO is required by your company, request an invoice to start the procurement process.
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems.
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS provide an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance.
- Career advancement: Professional certifications help demonstrate your interest and dedication to job performance, and may be helpful for those seeking a new career or transitioning to different positions within their organization.