Method of Training: Online / Self-paced eLearning.Credits: 0.75 CPD Credits.
Duration: ~45 minutes.
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Drug Safety.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $195.00
Document a dedication to your career and job performance by earning a training certification from Biopharma Institute.Training Program: Drug Safety: Urgent Safety Restrictions
Training Provided By: Biopharma Institute
Schedule: Self-paced. Immediate access to training materials upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
In response to a safety signal, a regulatory action, called the Urgent Safety Restriction (USR), is taken. This action is intended to push an interim change to the marketing authorization's terms for a medicinal product in Europe. Described within this class are the procedures and principles for Urgent Safety Restrictions (USRs).
Objectives contained within this course are as follows: To train on what to do following a Urgent Safety Restriction, a specification for the requirements for a variation application is necessary; review an outline of the 24-hour procedure for a USR's execution; offer a description of general regulatory requirements for initiation and preparation of a USR; provide a description of the triggering of a USR; and to offer an explanation of the purpose of Europe's Urgent Safety Restrictions.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment within a 90-day/3-month period (180 day/6-month period for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate of completion is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Biopharma Institute's online training programs include immediate access after enrollment. Username, password, and instructions are emailed to the student following enrollment into the program. Course takers can attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed, to achieve a passing score. Once all training requirements have been satisfied a certification of training has been achieved and can be verified immediately from our website using a unique certification ID code. The certificate of completion is also instantaneously launched and made available to the student in a PDF format upon completion. Professional certification programs additionally include a digital badge to verify training, and can be displayed on social networking sites, such as LinkedIn.
Benefits of Being Certified from Biopharma Institute
Throughout many of our online training programs students will be engaging in active learning through the use of interactive eLearning modules which have been developed to promote the retaining of key knowledge, access to references, case studies, and other important information necessary to assist with learning.
For corporations seeking a method to train employees, economically, without having to set aside time for travel, webinars, or live, in-person training, Biopharma Institute is the training partner you can rely on. Our training provides an effective, engaging, interactive, self-paced learning experience which fits conveniently into the day-to-day activities of most types of learners. Our training programs cater to both small-scale (2-100 students) and large-scale (100+ students) training requests. Since 2003, Biopharma Institute has been aiding both professionals and corporations with their training requirements. Biopharma Institute certifications are recognized by a wide spectrum of industries and our training solutions are customizable to any organization's training needs.
Drug Safety: Urgent Safety Restrictions course is included in the following Professional Certification Programs:
Overview - An outline of the course's objectives, and notes on terminology.
Principles - In this session we define Urgent Safety Restriction and explain its purpose in the European Union and other countries of the European Economic Area. We describe how an USR may be triggered. Finally, we give some examples of safety signals that may, and some that may not, give rise to an USR.
Procedure - In this session we describe how to prepare for and initiate an Urgent Safety Restriction (USR) for a centrally authorized product and for a product authorized through the Mutual Recognition or Decentralized Procedure. We outline the 24-hour procedure for execution of an USR, and the follow-up actions required, in each case. Finally, we specify the requirements for a variation application following an USR.
Assessment - Multiple-choice mastery assessment.
Who will benefit from this module?
All staff working in medical, drug safety, or pharmacovigilance departments of pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies with products authorized in Europe should have access to this module. It will also be of value to healthcare professionals and regulatory authority personnel.
Online Training: The Benefits of Remote Learning & eLearning
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password, and receipt of payment are emailed instantly upon online enrollment.
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter.
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days, and for professional certification programs for 180 days.
- Flexible final assessments: Assessment testing include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved.
- Direct access to certificates: Certificate of completion is instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled.
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and digital badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs.
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's training reimbursement policy.
- Financial assistance: Payment plans are available to those who qualify. These are offered when paying electronic invoices, online. You must first request an invoice to be considered. Alternatively, purchasing individual courses one at a time is also an option.
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If a PO is required by your company, request an invoice to start the procurement process.
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems.
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS provide an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance.
- Career advancement: Professional certifications help demonstrate your interest and dedication to job performance, and may be helpful for those seeking a new career or transitioning to different positions within their organization.