Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Type 2 Diabetes: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Diabetes mellitus is characterized by two important features: patients typically excrete excess amounts of urine, and the urine contains abnormally high levels of glucose, due to glucose leakage in the kidney. The Greek derivations of the words diabetes and mellitus actually mean 'siphon' and 'honey,' respectively, referring to the hallmark traits of this disease. This course discusses the complications associated with type 2 diabetes and how the disease can be managed with both pharamcological and non-pharmacological treatments.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Type 2 Diabetes: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Overview of Diabetes Complications
9. Macrovascular Complications
10. Atherosclerosis Disease
11. Management of Complications: Studies
12. Progress Check
14. Management of Diabetes
15. Non-pharmacological Management
16. Pharmacological Therapy
17. Insulin Therapy
18. Progress Check
List three types of microvascular diseases connected with type 2 diabetes.
List three types of macrovascular disease connected with type 2 diabetes.
Describe diabetic nephropathy.
Describe diabetic neuropathy.
Describe diabetic retinopathy.
Describe diabetic foot.
Explain the significance of blood glucose and blood pressure regulation in preventing clinical complications.
Describe the guidelines for managing diabetes.
List four components of non-pharmacological therapy for diabetes patients.
Name the four drug classes used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Describe the mechanism of action of each drug class used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.