Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Acid-Related Disorders: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Acid-related digestive disorders are a burden on patients, physicians, and society because they are highly prevalent, have varied signs and symptoms, and are costly. This course covers the treatment options for acid-related diseases, including gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, peptic ulcer disease, and hypersecretory syndromes.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Acid-Related Disorders: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Erosive Esophagitis
6. Peptic/Esophageal Stricture
7. Barrett`s Esophagus
8. Complications of Peptic Ulcer Disease
9. Progress Check
11. Lifestyle Changes
12. Drug Modification
13. Prevention: Antacids
14. Histamine Receptor Antagonists
15. Proton Pump Inhibitors
16. Promotility Agents
17. Progress Check
20. Endoscopic Dilation
21. GERD and Esophageal Stricture
22. Goals of Therapy for Barrett`s Esophagus
23. H. pylori and NSAID-induced Ulcers
24. Hypersecretory Syndromes
25. Progress Check
Describe the most common complications associated with GERD.
Describe the prognosis of erosive esophagitis and esophageal stricture.
Describe the prognosis of Barrett`s esophagus. Describe the complications of peptic ulcer disease.
Explain the role of lifestyle changes in the management of GERD.
Describe the how antacids work, and how other antisecretory agents and promotility agents assist in controlling acid-related disorders.
List the goals of therapy for GERD.
Explain how surgical and endoscopic techniques are used in the treatment of GERD.
Describe the primary approaches that guide the treatment and management of GERD, its complications, and other acid-related diseases.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.