Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Diagnosis
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) leads to dysfunction of the central retina. Associated with a wide spectrum of signs and symptoms, it is the primary cause of visual disability among adults in Western societies. This course discusses the physical symptoms of both wet and dry AMD and describes the diagnostic tests used in a clinical setting, including physical examination of the retina, fundus photography, fluorescein angiography, indocyanine green angiography, and optical coherence tomography. It also provides a self-test for AMD and presents simulated images as they would be seen by a patient with AMD.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Diagnosis course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Basics of AMD Vision Loss
6. Dry AMD: Typical Symptoms
7. Wet AMD: Typical Symptoms
8. AMD: Self-Testing
9. Progress Check
11. Physical Examination of the Retina
12. Fundus Photography
13. Fluorescein Angiography
14. Indocyanine Green (ICG) Angiography
15. Optical Coherence Tomography
16. Progress Check
Describe the symptoms of AMD
Understand the simple self-test commonly used to detect AMD
Describe diagnostic techniques used to evaluate AMD
Discuss how these techniques are used to evaluate AMD in clinical practice
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.