Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Asthma: Cause
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. A chronic respiratory disease, asthma restricts airways and impairs breathing. Though the cause of asthma is not completely understood, many risk factors increase the chances of developing the disease. This course explores these factors as well as the epidemiological characteristics of asthma.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Asthma: Cause course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
INFLAMMATION AND IMMUNITY
5. Definition of Asthma
6. The Inflammatory Response
7. The Immune Response
8. Cells of the Immune System
9. Progress Check
THE ALLERGC RESPONSE
12. Allergic Reaction Phases
13. Effects of Inflammation
14. Progress Check
16. Predisposing Factors
17. Causal and Contributing Factors
18. Progress Check
22. Pediatric Asthma
23. Progress Check
Identify inflammatory response phases and their effects on lung function.
Explain how the immune system and inflammation affect asthma.
Explain the allergen sensitization process.
Describe different allergic reaction stages.
Explain the roles of various inflammation chemical mediators.
Distinguish between predisposing, causal, and contributing factors in asthma development.
Give examples of each risk factor.
List common asthma exacerbation triggers.
Describe the prevalence of asthma, and its mortality and morbidity rates in the general population.
Describe the prevalence, mortality and morbidity rates of pediatric asthma.
Identify the factors that affect asthma prevalence, mortality, and morbidity.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.