Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Atrial Fibrillation: Cause
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Atrial fibrillation (AF), also called a-fib, is the most common cardiac arrhythmia. The hallmarks of AF are irregular and rapid atrial activity, with an irregular ventricular response that results in compromised cardiac hemodynamics. AF is associated with serious morbidity and increased mortality risk, even in cases when symptoms are slight. AF is a risk for congestive heart failure (CHF), angina, cardiac remodeling, and embolic stroke. This course describes the pathophysiology and epidemiology of AF.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Atrial Fibrillation: Cause course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Electrophysiology of the Heart
6. Normal Sinus Rhythm
7. Atrial Fibrillation
8. Types of Atrial Fibrillation
9. Action Potential
10. Mechanism of AF
11. Atrial Flutter
12. Mortality and AF
13. Ventricular Rate Control
14. Hemodynamic Factors
16. Progress Check
20. Gender Differential
21. Morbidity & Mortality
22. Risk Factors
23. Progress Check
Distinguish between normal sinus rhythm and atrial fibrillation (AF).
Identify the differences between atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter.
Discuss the risk factors related to AF.
List four triggers of AF.
Discuss the incidence of AF.
Explain how men and women differ in the presentation and outcome of AF.
Discuss the effects of AF on morbidity and mortality rates.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.