Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Atrial Fibrillation: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Atrial fibrillation (AF), also called 'a-fib,' is the most common cardiac arrhythmia. The hallmarks of AF are irregular and rapid atrial activity, with an irregular ventricular response that results in compromised cardiac hemodynamics. AF is associated with serious morbidity and increased mortality risk, even in cases when symptoms are slight. AF is a risk for congestive heart failure (CHF), angina, cardiac remodeling, and embolic stroke. This course outlines the treatment options for patients with AF
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Atrial Fibrillation: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Stroke Risk
6. Cardiovascular Events
7. Gender Differential
8. Progress Check
10. Restoring Normal Sinus Rhythm
11. Antiarrhythmic Classes
12. Electrical Cardioversion
13. Antiarrhythmic Drugs
14. Device Therapy
16. Hybrid Therapy
17. AV Nodal Blocking Drugs
18. AV Node Ablation
19. Preventing Blood Clots
20. Stroke Prevention: Risks and Benefits
21. New Approaches
22. Progress Check
Discuss the stroke risk in patients with AF.
Identify common outcomes of AF.
List the concerns associated with AF treatment.
Summarize the risks and benefits of anticoagulation therapy for stroke prevention in AF patients.
Distinguish between treatment for rate control and rhythm control in AF and explain the related issues.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.