Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Bacteria: Host Defenses Against Infection
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Bacterial infections can damage various organs and tissues, impairing the ability of the body to function. However, the human body has developed a number of defenses to fight off bacterial infection. This course focuses on the host`s immune system response to bacteria and infection.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Bacteria: Host Defenses Against Infection course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
HOST DEFENSES AGAINST INFECTION
5. Structural and Chemical Barriers
8. Active Immunity
9. Inhibition of Phagocytosis
10. Cell Wall Enzymes
11. Progress Check
INFECTION IN COMPROMISED PATIENTS
13. Compromised Patients
14. Immunosuppressed Patients
15. Causative Pathogens
17. Prophylaxis in Neutropenic Patients
18. Progress Check
Describe active and passive immunity.
Diagram the inflammation process.
List structural and chemical infection barriers.
Explain humoral and cell-mediated immunity.
Describe bacterial mechanisms of immune system resistance.
Differentiate between immune-compromised patients and immunosuppressed patients.
Discuss the etiology and consequences of neutropenia.
Identify causative pathogens of infection.
Review prophylactic treatment of infection in normal and neutropenic patients.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.