Duration: 2.8 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 3
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Biostatistics
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Using real examples from the medical literature, this course will introduce you to clinical research and applied statistics. This course will prepare you to critically read and understand the medical literature.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Biostatistics course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
THE RESEARCH QUESTION
6. The Empirical Cycle
7. Exploratory vs. Confirmatory Studies
8. The Research Hypothesis
9. Target Population vs. Study Population
10. Progress Check
13. Casual Inference
14. Bias and Confounding
15. Cross-sectional studies
16. Case-control studies
17. Cohort studies
18. Randomized clinical trials
20. Progress Check
TYPES OF MEASUREMENTS
27. Diagnostic Testing
28. Progress Check
31. Hypothesis Testing
32. Power and Sample Size
33. Confidence Intervals
34. Multiple Comparisons
35. Progress Check
STATISTICAL ANALYSES I
38. Intention to treat Analysis
39. Predictors and Outcomes
STATISTICAL ANALYSES II
40. Analysis for Continuous Outcome
41. Analysis for Categorical Outcome
42. Analysis for Time-to-event Outcome
43. Progress Check
Describe the empirical cycle.
Differentiate between hypothesis-generating and hypothesis-testing studies.
Formulate a research hypothesis.
Identify the research hypothesis in a given study.
Identify the predictor and outcome in a given study.
Define target population, study population, and study sample.
Describe the different types of studies used in medical research.
Recognize the advantages and limitations of the different study designs.
Identify sources of bias in different study designs.
Describe the relative strength of each type of study design in establishing causality.
Describe sources of variation in medical data.
Differentiate between continuous and categorical data.
Define time-to-event data. Define mean and standard deviation.
Identify how data were measured in real studies.
Describe how diagnostic tests are evaluated.
Define and calculate sensitivity, specificity, negative predictive value, and positive predictive value.
Describe sampling variation.
Formulate a null hypothesis.
Interpret a p-value.
Define type I and type II errors.
Differentiate between statistical and clinical significance.
Understand statistical power. Interpret a confidence interval.
Describe the problem of multiple comparisons.
Describe the intention-to-treat principle.
Explain last observation carried forward.
Calculate odds ratios and risk ratios.
Interpret odds ratios, risk ratios, and hazard ratios.
Understand the results of simple statistical tests.
Recognize the names of more advanced statistical tests.
Identify the appropriate statistical test for a given study design and type of data.
Understand common pitfalls in medical statistics.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.