Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Breast Cancer: Diagnosis
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in North American women. Although the incidence of breast cancer has been increasing every year, early screening programs in some countries have reduced the number of deaths caused by breast cancer. This course explains the methods used to detect and diagnose breast cancer, and explains the prognostic value of the diagnostic tests. Two different case studies in which this information is applied are covered.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Breast Cancer: Diagnosis course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Physical Examination
8. Progress Check
9. Premenopausal Breast Cancer
10. Postmenopausal Breast Cancer
STAGING AND GRADING
10. TNM System
11. Tumor Grade
12. Progress Check
14. HER-2 Status and Other Indications
15. Estrogen Receptor Status
16. Progress Check
List the symptoms of a breast cancer patient
Describe screening and diagnostic procedures
Explain how mammography is used to diagnose breast cancer
Explain the TNM scale and describe how it is used in staging breast cancers
Apply the TNM system
Understand the concept of tumor grade and its prognostic value
Understand the concept of molecular diagnostics and its utility for the treatment of breast cancer
Understand how a cancer????????????s HER-2 status affects treatment
List two techniques for determining the HER-2 status of a tumor
Understand how a tumor????????????s estrogen receptor (ER) status affects treatment
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.