Duration: 0.9 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Computer-Assisted Drug Design
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. This course gives an introduction to the use of computers for protein-based and small molecule drug design. It covers protein and antibody reengineering, peptide design, and structure based analysis of small molecule drugs. Computer modeling of drug-receptor interactions, and its use for structure optimization is also described.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Computer-Assisted Drug Design course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Description
3. CADD Overview
4. Progress Check
6. Protein Design
7. Protein Engineering
8. Therapeutic Peptides
9. Progress Check
11. Antibody Structure
12. Antibody Engineering
13. Antibody Therapeutics
14. Phage Display
15. Progress Check
17. Small Molecule Design
19. Affinity and Selectivity
20. Structure Based Design
21. Drug Pharmacophores
22. Progress Check
24. Library Design
25. Lead Optimization
26. Applications: HIV
27. Progress Check
List the four major applications of computers to drug design
Give examples of the use of computers to design or modify proteins, antibodies, drugs, or drug libraries
Specify the three major applications of protein
Define what site-directed mutagenesis is
Describe what a peptidomimetic is
Describe the structure of the antibody molecule
Specify the four major types of therapeutic antibodies
Define the region of an antibody that recognizes foreign antigens
Give three examples of antibody therapeutics
List the nine steps involved in creating antibodies via phage display
List the four physical-chemical principles used in small molecule drug design
Describe how structure-activity relationships have been enhanced by high-throughput screening
Define affinity and selectivity of a drug to its target receptor
Specify the four major interactions involved in structure-based drug design
Understand the key features of a drug pharmacophore
List some of the parameters involved in designing combinatorial drug libraries
Define the two major parameters in drug optimization that can benefit from drug design
Specify the amino acids at the active site of HIV protease and the point of cleavage
Name two drugs that are non-symmetric HIV protease inhibitors
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.